How can I lose weight?

lose weight
How can I lose weight

How can I reduce my weight?

The journey to weight loss is a long and tiresome road.  Many try and fail while some just don’t try because of the hardships involved. But those who venture this and work hard enough succeed undoubtedly. The success can only be attained by following a foolproof weight loss plan. The person trying to lose weight must have perfect knowledge about how to lose weight and only after acquiring all the knowledge decides on following a particular method of weight loss, which preferably suits his bodily requirements.

Let’s explore further on how you can start your weight loss journey and get your very own perfect beach-ready body.

Tips for weight loss

The human body is very flexible in terms of metabolic shifts. Following a few standard tips can aid weight loss significantly.

Avoid processed food

Through research involving multiple people, it has been established that processed food can lead to insane amounts of weight gain. The person consuming processed food eats about 500 calories extra every day. Because of this one can easily gain weight within weeks. Given that such food items are easily available, many people opt for them. As a result, the weight increases uncontrollably. Giving up processed food can prevent weight gain, making it easy for shedding the pre-existent fat.

Drink enough water

Water is an elixir when it comes to weight loss. 70% of our body is made up of water. When drunk in adequate quantity, water drains out the toxins from the body, making it free of all unwanted substances. With no toxins clogging the metabolic activity of the body, it is easy to lose weight. It is advised to drink water before meals; this can make one feel full and prevent overeating. Drinking 2 liters of water every day is the best dosage for everyone.

Restrict sugar intake

High quantity of sugar in the body is a cause of many ailments including weight gain. It is difficult to synthesize sugar as it is a direct source of complex carbohydrates. In general, many food items consist of sugar as an ingredient. It might not even be apparent that sugar is being used in these food items but it is. Most of these food items are yet again processed. The intake of sugar should be limited as it also increases one’s hunger. Sugar- free substitutes should be opted for.

Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables

All the different types of fruits and vegetables carry in themselves different benefits. They consist of important elements such as nutrients, vitamins, roughage and minerals. With the help of these, one doesn’t only shed all the extra weight but also gains other benefits. It is always very healthy to consume fruits and vegetables in abundance.

Watch the calorie intake

It is rather important to restrict the intake of calories. It is important to consume calories based on one’s weight and height. Calculation of the Basal Metabolic Rate can help in determining the exact amount of calories that must be consumed in order to either lose weight or maintain particular body weight.


Exercising at least 5 days a week can make sure that weight loss goals are met. About 70% of weight loss is facilitated with the help of proper diet; the rest 30% is the work of exercise. Exercise alone cannot help in weight loss but when effectively combined with dieting it can help in shedding exorbitant amounts of weight.

The science behind weight gain and subsequent loss

When food items are consumed, they get digested by the digestive system. The carbohydrates are sent to the cell for breakdown to form glucose which then provides energy to the body for normal functioning. Based on an individual’s age, weight, height and gender, the energy is utilized. The excess of energy is stored in the body in the form of fats.

As the calorie intake continues to exceed calorie expenditure, the fats keep on layering up. As the layers of fat form, it becomes more and more difficult to shed weight. At this point, the calorie intake has to be reduced along with an increase in metabolism. If this is done, calorie excess turns to calorie deficit leading to depletion of layers of fats from the body.

How long does it take to lose weight?

If all the tips to lose weight are followed without any breakages in between then the body can easily lose more than 10 pounds within a month. If natural methods yield absolutely no results, some underlying problem might be at the core. These underlying problems are hyperthyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, ageing and fluid retention etc., a proper treatment for these problems has to be employed to shed extra weight.

Some people have a genetic disadvantage in terms of weight gain, such individuals have to work harder. Surgical methods such as liposuction, gastric bypass surgery, and gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy can also be used in extreme cases.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.